The Business of Architecture course is run by South African Architect, Richard Cook, who has been in a practicing Architect for over 30 years.
The purpose of the course is to give handles on how to run your Architectural practice as a more efficient and effective business.
BUSINESS OF ARCHITECTURE COURSE
Coursework format: Self paced pre-recorded webinar with online quiz
Category and points accumulation: Category 1, 2 CPD points
Course time allocation: 12 hours (includes coursework and quizzes)
Early Bird price: R2700 (Available until 1st May)
Course price: R3150
There are two modules, the first will focus on Managing a business which explores fees, agreements, contracts and opportunities in the work environment. The second Module will delve into office management, document management, principal agency and how to be both Architect and Business owner. Both are highly engaging and offer detailed delegates notes which outline all themes and topics covered in the clips.
MODULE 1: MANAGING A BUSINESS
- Fee opportunities
- Work-on-risk management
- The fee Calculator
- The Client Architect Agreement and negotiation
- Scope of work
- Proposed fees and additional costs
- Negotiations and discounts
- New business opportunities
- The Premises
- Developers Projects and investing
MODULE 2: MANAGING A PRACTICE
- Office management
- Document management
- Principal agency
- How to be both Architect and organized Business owner
- The completion of the Module 1’s 15 part multiple choice quiz questions released upon course completion with the final grading of 80% or above.
- The attendance of a compulsory Q&A Webinar
- The completion of the Module 2’s 15 part multiple choice quiz questions released upon course completion with the final grading of 80% or above.
Presentation by: Richard Cook
in association with Gauteng Institute for Architects and CPD Connect
CPD CONNECT | Accessible & current PROFESSIONAL development
email@example.com | www.cpdconnect.education
work towards growth #the knowledge able architect